Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Celano 24/07/2010



Back in Celano, lots of people to meet and greet still. This evening we had dinner with Enrica (Adriana's cousin) and her family. It was a good evening out in the backyard, under the grapevines looking up at the castle. I loved watching the girls try to communicate between English and Italian. They were so eager to find out things and couldn't find the words. Their faces did all the talking! Genevieve showed them some Irish dancing. Enrica had a passion for Irish music so I played some fiddle for her. She then pulled out a bottle of home made grappa with a pear in it. I didn't really notice the way the pear was inside the bottle but as I kept looking I realised a fully ripe pear was inside this narrow necked bottle! She puts the bottle over the little pear on the tree, ties it on and then lets it grow inside the bottle.
Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment